This recipe is a one-bowl wonder!
All you need to do is get a big bowl, place it on the scales and measure everything as you pour it straight into the bowl.
This recipe can also be baked into a large loaf and sliced and frozen in portions sizes then defrosted in a toaster!
15g Coconpure Coconut Oil (Melted)
140g Instant Oats
20g Apple Cider Vinegar
10g Bicarbonate soda
10g Baking Powder
120ml Almond Milk
40g Dried Sultanas
Sprinkle of Cinnamon
110g Rice Flour
1) Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2) To a large mixing bowl place all the wet ingredients.
3) To the wet batter add psyllium husks, baking powder and bicarbonate soda – this will make a foamy consistency.
4) Add salt, oats, and rice flour and press together using the side of the bowl until a dough ball is made.
Note at this stage if you are making a loaf:
**Place in a greased loaf tin, lightly splash with water and sprinkle with rolled oats and a little salt to decorate the top.
Place in the oven for 45 – 50 minutes until a lightly brown crust has formed**
5) To make buns split the mixture into 8 equal balls and place on a grease baking tray.
6) To make them into hot crossed buns, lightly wet the top of each bun dust with cinnamon.
7) Mix together a 1 tsp of instant oats, 1 tsp rice flour and 3 tbsp of almond milk.
8) Mix together until a gloopy mixture is made and spoon into a plastic food bag. Snip off a little corner and squeeze a cross over the top.
9) Place in the oven for 25 minutes until lightly brown.
They will keep for 2-3 days fresh or 3 months in the freezer!
Macros per bun
Based on 8 buns
Calories – 167
Carbs – 29g
Fat – 3.5g
Protein – 2.5g
Sugar – 7g