All you’ll need for this protein ice cream recipe are 4 simple ingredients and a spare 30 seconds.
Make your own protein ice cream with our favourite 30-second protein ice cream recipe. It’s super-healthy and only uses 4 ingredients, and can be made vegan, too!
Frozen bananas make the creamiest healthy ice cream. To freeze bananas, simply peel your bananas first, chop them in half and pop them into a freezer bag. To prevent them from sticking together when frozen, you can freeze them on a tray first without allowing them to touch, then transfer them into your freezer bag once frozen.
This protein ice cream recipe is perfect for straight after a workout when your muscles need to be refuelled with protein and carbohydrates. Plus, it only uses natural sugars from bananas, which means no refined sugar.
Click to jump straight to the nutritionals.
Makes: 8 servings
- 500g frozen bananas
- 4-6 scoops Vanilla Impact Whey Protein (use 3 scoops Vegan Blend for vegan)
- 250ml fat-free yoghurt (use dairy-free for vegan)
- 50ml milk (of choice)
1. First, blend all ingredients together until they’re just about smooth, without overprocessing. Be careful not to overprocess the mixture as it’ll begin to warm up and become too liquified, which means you won’t be able to eat it straight away.
2. Next, warm a spoon under the tap, then scoop out the ice cream into a bowl and you can eat straight away.
3. Pour the remaining ice cream into a sealable Tupperware container and freeze for more servings.
4. To keep your protein ice cream creamy, mix it up every hour for the first 4 hours of freezing. You can skip this step if you like and simply thaw it out for 15 minutes every time you want some protein ice cream.
Enjoy this protein ice cream recipe? Check out more delicious healthy recipes.
Check out our Protein Ice Cream Mix…
Simply mix with water and freeze for super-creamy protein ice cream.