All the best summer snacks feature ice cream.
You just can’t beat a scoop of cold, sweet ice cream to finish off an evening meal — or, better yet, to refresh & refuel yourself right after a tough workout. That’s why we’re absolutely loving this super-easy protein ice cream recipe from @healthy_floflo.
Made with just 3 simple ingredients, yoghurt, ricotta, and Impact Whey Protein, we promise it tastes every bit as delicious as the shop-bought stuff, only it comes with a fraction of the fat and sugar content. That’s got to be a win, right?
It doesn’t stop there, either. Flo’s levelled up this dessert by wedging it between two malted milk biscuits to create the perfect ice cream sandwich. We don’t know about you, but we were instantly transported back to our childhood.
If you needed any more persuasion to make these incredible treats immediately, they're under 200 calories per serving and pack in 10g of protein.
- 100g yoghurt
- 100g ricotta
- 1 scoop Impact Whey Protein (Cereal Milk)
- 8 malted milk biscuits
- 30g choc chips
- 50ml milk (to dunk the biscuits in)
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta, yoghurt, and protein powder together until combined in a smooth mixture.
- Add the choc chips and stir through.
- Then, in a small tray, add a layer of malted milk biscuits that have been dipped into milk beforehand. Add the ice cream mix, smoothing out with the back of a spoon, and then cover with another layer of biscuits.
- Freeze overnight, then slice up into 4 sandwiches and enjoy!
Try these summer recipes next:
Nutritional info per serving: