This has to be the tastiest way to top up on your omega-3.
Our Plant-Based New York Cheesecake doesn’t just hit those sweet-tooth cravings, it packs in a helpful boost of DHA, which is an essential omega-3 fatty acid that you need to have in your diet. This is because it’ involved in many important functions in the body — including heart health, brain function and maintaining normal vision.1
As its most commonly found in oily fish, our Vegan Liquid Omega not only makes life a whole lot easier for those following a plant-based lifestyle, but as it comes in a deliciously fruity tangerine flavour it makes things a lot easier to swallow, too.
A super-simple recipe like this is sure to become a favourite amongst friends and family — they may not even realise it’s vegan!
- 150g cashews
- 100ml water
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 50g chopped dates
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 200g vegan cream cheese
- 50ml Organic Agave Syrup
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Vegan Liquid Omega
1) First, place your cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Leave them to soak for 2-3 hours to soften.
2) Then, in a food processor, add the macadamia nuts, chopped dates and desiccated coconut. Blend until all the ingredients are combined and then spoon into a lined round baking tin. Use the back of the spoon to push down the mixture into a solid base.
3) Next, place the soaked cashews into your food processor along with the cream cheese, syrup and lemon juice. Blend until you have a completely smooth mixture.
4) Pour or spoon this mixture on top of the nut base already in then baking tin. Again, use the back of a spoon to create a smooth, even layer.
5) Leave to chill in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
6) To serve, sprinkle with fresh fruit — we went for a tropical mix of blueberries, chopped strawberries and kiwi, and passionfruit — and then drizzle with a generous amount of Vegan Liquid Omega.