A week’s worth of plain chicken and rice may seem like a good idea on Sunday evening when you’re just trying to get your meal prep out the way, so you can get back to the sofa. Inevitably though, by Tuesday lunch time you’ll be regretting your decision and eyeing up what’s on the special board in the office canteen.
Try spicing things up a little.
Check out these four super-simple ideas for how you can liven up your chicken breasts — they’ll literally only add a few extra minutes to your prep time, but will make a world of difference in terms of flavour and enjoyment.
Give your meal prep the TLC it deserves, and your future self will be thankful.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. 100% Coconut Oil
- Salt and pepper
- ½ lemon (sliced)
- 1 tsp. Cajun spice
- 1 tbsp. wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. pesto
- 3 sundried tomatoes
- 3 slices of fresh mozzarella
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and prepare a baking tray by lining with greaseproof paper.
2. Place each chicken breast onto the tray, rub with a little coconut oil and lightly season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. For the first chicken breast, sprinkle with thyme and place the slices of lemon on top.
4. For the second, sprinkle the Cajun spice over the top and lightly rub in with your fingers.
5. For the third, spread the mustard over the top, using the back of the teaspoon to evenly cover the chicken breast. Then drizzle with honey.
6. For the final chicken breast, use a teaspoon to rub the pesto over the top, then place the sundried tomatoes and mozzarella slices on top.
7. Bake the chicken breasts for 30 minutes, then remove the tray from the oven and let cool.
8. Add each breast into a Klick Box along with your favourite veggies and sides, ready for your lunches.
Top tip: you can freeze these meals if you want them to keep for longer.