Looking for new healthy pasta recipes? This lean and creamy sausage pasta will liven up your meal prep routine – and then some.
Fed up of your daily chicken, rice and broccoli meal prep? Yup, us too. Try this super-lean, high-protein creamy sausage pasta for your next batch meal prep session. And don’t forget to check out more delicious fitness recipes and healthy pasta recipes.
Try using quark in place of cream cheese and reduced-fat sausages to keep this pasta lean – without skimping on flavour. To boost the protein content of this sausage pasta meal prep even more, try using High-Protein Pasta, containing a huge 40g protein per 100g.
Click to jump straight to the nutritionals.
Makes: 4 meals
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 leek (finely sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 8 reduced-fat pork sausages (sliced)
- 200g quark
- 350g tomato and basil pasta sauce or tinned chopped tomatoes
- 240g (dry weight) wholemeal penne pasta or High-Protein Pasta
- 1 tsp. sea salt, 1 tsp. black pepper and 1 tsp. dried chilli flakes
- 700ml water
- Handful fresh basil leaves
1. Add the coconut oil to a large, non-stick pan on a medium to high heat. Add the sliced leek into the pan and fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and pan fry for a further 2 minutes, then add the sliced sausages and fry for 6-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are brown on all sides.
2. Next, add the water, tomato sauce and dried pasta and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for 15-20 minutes, uncovered. If the mixture becomes too dry, add a little more water and stir.
3. Once the pasta is cooked through, stir through the quark and season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Heat through for 2-3 minutes, then divide amongst dishes and top with fresh basil leaves.