Craving lasagne, but don’t want to make a whole tray of the stuff? Try loaf tin lasagne! You’ll get 3 easy portions for 3 days’ worth of low carb meal prep.
This loaf tin lasagne makes the ultimate high protein, low carb meal prep for when you’re craving your favourite comfort food.
Makes: 3 portions
Equipment needed: Loaf tin
Ingredients For Low Carb Meal Prep Lasagne
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 white onion, coarsely chopped (or 1 tbsp. onion powder)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 350g turkey mince
- 600g chopped tomatoes or tomato passata
- 400g My Lasagne
- 1 courgette
- 1 tsp. sea salt and black pepper
- 400g cottage cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 100g High Protein Cheese (grated)
1. First, make your turkey ragu. Add the coconut oil to a pan on a medium to high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, then add the garlic and sauté for a further 2 minutes (if you’re using the powdered versions, add them after the next step).
2. Next, add the turkey mince and break it up a little using a spatula, then allow it to brown for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the oregano, ½ tsp. salt and pepper and the tomatoes and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
3. While you’re waiting, whisk cottage cheese and egg whites together in a bowl using a fork with the remaining salt and pepper. Set aside. Preheat the oven at 200°C or 180°C for fan-assisted.
4. Now prepare your courgette and lasagne sheets. Use a vegetable peeler to slice the courgette lengthways to get long slices. Wash the lasagne sheets under cold water in a colander.
5. Once the turkey ragu is ready, it’s time to make up the lasagne. Start with a layer of courgette sheets for easy removal once cooked. Then alternate between the ragu, cheese sauce, lasagne sheets, and courgette. Finish with a layer of lasagne, then cheese sauce, then sprinkle with the High Protein Cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes with foil on, then remove the foil, turn the heat up by 20°C and bake for a further 20 minutes. Once cooked, divide into three meal prep containers, serve with your favourite salad or vegetables and store in the fridge for up to three days.