We get it, the last thing you want to do when you get home is slave over a hot stove for hours on end. What if meal prep meant a quick and easy chicken dish, all ready to go in twenty minutes?
Well, now it does. This delicious peanut chicken noodles recipe from @niallkirkland has amazing nutritionals and requires very little time — you can also store it in the fridge for up to 4 days. This way you can meet your macros and still have time to gym or relax in the evening.
Quick chicken recipes are a fitness fanatic’s dream, as they boast lean protein — perfect for making those essential gains. Even better, you can spend more time in the gym, knowing that you can refuel with delicious food in no time at all.
It’s time to ditch the bland and boring chicken and broccoli, because this delightful dinner comes with a light sauce as well as extra protein and fibre from creamy peanut butter – an absolute staple for all things fitness. This chicken noodles recipe will reshape your meal prep and save you from an uninspiring fitness diet.
Makes: 3 meals
Cuisine/Type: Meal Prep
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 200g Udon thick noodles
- 1 red pepper – chopped
- 300g chicken breast – diced
- Olive oil spray
- 100g peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic – crushed or finely chopped
- 1 thumb-size piece ginger – grated
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red chilli
1. Boil noodles in a saucepan of water for 10 minutes. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, oil a wok or high-sided frying pan and add the chicken and red pepper. Fry for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and golden-brown.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger and a few tbsp. water until you get a creamy consistency.
4. Add the peanut butter mixture to the chicken and pepper pan and stir well on a low heat.
5. Add the noodles to the sauce and stir through until evenly dispersed.
6. Garnish with the chopped chilli and spring onions.
7. Enjoy immediately, or store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Enjoy this quick and healthy chicken noodle recipe? Try these next…