These stuffed chicken roll ups are definitely one to save for days when you need something special.
Seriously, this recipe is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. The combination of a deliciously crispy coating, succulent chicken, and a melty cheese centre is just unbeatable. Hammering out those chicken breasts is pretty therapeutic too.
It might look fancier than your average chicken meal prep, but trust us, even a rookie cook can nail this one. Serve up with a crisp, fresh salad for a lighter option, or pair with sweet potato wedges for the perfect Friday night treat.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. mixed herbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6-8 sundried tomatoes
- 60g low-fat cheddar (grated)
- 200g baby spinach
- 100g golden breadcrumbs
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Fresh salad or your favourite veggies
- First preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Butterfly each chicken breast so that you can open it out into two connected halves. Place on a chopping board and cover with clingfilm, then flatten out the meat using a rolling pin.
- Season with onion powder, mixed herbs, salt, and pepper, then add the toppings like you would a pizza — sundried tomatoes, baby spinach and a generous sprinkling of cheddar.
- Carefully roll up the chicken breast from one side to the other so you have a tight roll with all the fillings on the inside. Use toothpicks at either end to hold in place.
- Roll the chicken rolls in the golden breadcrumbs, spray with a little low-calorie cooking spray, and then place on a lined baking tray. Bake for 35 minutes until completely cooked through.
- Once cool enough to touch, remove the toothpicks and slice up into even pieces. Serve with a salad or your favourite veggies, or sweet potato wedges if you’re after a more filling meal.
Enjoyed this? Try these fakeaway recipes next:
Stacked with juicy layers and stuffed with oozing cheese.
Amount per serving