By Ru Anderson | BSc (HONS)
Performance Nutritionist, Author, Speaker,
Competitive Athlete & Owner of Exceed Nutrition
Make Ru’s delicious Fish and Chips with Mushy Peas!
Prep: 5 min – Cook: 30-45 min
1) Preheat the oven to 180c (gas mark 4).
2) Place the chopped potatoes on a baking tray and rub with 1 tsp coconut oil, season with salt and pepper and place in the oven. Bake for 30 -45mins.
3) In the meantime, season the fish with salt and pepper.
4) Place the ground almonds and egg whites in two sepa- rate bowls.
5) Heat the remaining coconut oil in a pan. Dip the fish into the egg and then coat in the ground almonds, then fry the fish for 2-3 mins each side, until golden.
6) Next, place the fish in an oven-proof dish and cook in the oven (alongside the chips) for 10-15 mins.
7) Steam the frozen peas for 5 mins until soft, then put them in a bowl and add the butter. Mash until creamy.
8) Serve with lemon wedges!
Nutrition per serving:
Amount per serving