This is the perfect peanut sauce for a quick and flavoursome weeknight dinner or even to liven up your daily meal prep – made with healthy fats for a nutritious addition to your favourite steak.
Don’t forget to check out more delicious healthy recipes.
For the steak:
- 2 of your favourite cuts of steak
- 1 tbsp. rapeseed oil
- Pinch sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp. butter
For the sauce:
1. Combine all peanut sauce ingredients in a saucepan on a medium heat, and use a hand whisk or fork to whisk until there are no lumps remaining.
2. Turn the heat down to low and whisk for a further 2-3 minutes until thickened, then set aside.
1. Season steaks on both sides with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
2. Heat a heavy pan on a high heat and add the rapeseed oil.
3. When the oil begins to smoke, turn the heat down to medium and place your steak, garlic cloves and butter into the pan.
4. The length of time you cook your steak is down to how you like your steak cooked. For a 1” thick steak we recommend the following frying times:
Blue: around 1 minute on each side
Rare: around 1.5 minutes on each side
Medium-rare: around 2 minutes on each side
Medium: around 2.5 minutes on each side
Well-done: around 4 minutes on each side
5. Transfer the steaks to a plate, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 8-10 minutes.
6. Once rested, cut against the grain into slices and drizzle over peanut sauce. Serve with tender-stem broccoli and basmati rice and drizzle your peanut sauce all over for a deliciously balanced meal.
Enjoy this quick steak recipe? Check out more delicious healthy recipes.