Fancy whipping up something festive with your BCAAs this Independence Day? We feel you. We’ve created the perfect American flag jelly shots to keep your aminos topped up in style.
Tip: Make one-flavour BCAA jelly shots any time of the year for a tasty way to get your daily BCAAs.
Makes: 15-20 shots
- 1 x 12g sachet gelatin, divided into 3
- 400ml water
- 4 x 5g scoops BCAA Blue Raspberry flavour (for blue layer)
- 4 x 5g scoops BCAA Berry Blast flavour (for red layer)
- 150ml almond milk (for white layer)
1. First, completely dissolve the Berry Blast BCAA powder and one-third of the gelatin in 100ml boiling water. Add 100ml cold water and stir, then pour the liquid one-third full into shot glasses. Place into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
2. Next, heat 75ml almond milk in a pan and add one-third of the gelatin, stir to fully dissolve and remove from the heat. Add the remaining almond milk and stir, then layer another third on top of the set red jelly layer. Place into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
3. Last, repeat step 1 with the Blue Raspberry BCAA powder and add the final layer on top of the set white jelly layer. Freeze for a further 30 minutes to set, then store in the refrigerator!
Enjoy this BCAA recipe? Check out more tasty health and fitness recipes.