Our delicious Caramelised Onion and Beetroot soup is thick, wholesome and certainly different to your average lunch-time recipe.
Try making our soup in bulk and freeze in batches for meal prep! It is also an ideal fridge recipe as it will last for 5 days in an air tight container.
2 Small Scoops Nutri Purples Veg Blend
1 Tbs 15g Myprotein Coconut Oil
300g Large White Onions
150g Fresh Beetroots
200ml Chicken Stock
Salt and pepper
Myprotein Organic Hemp Seeds
Myprotein Whole Almonds
Serving suggestion: Increase the protein content with chickpeas, prawns or chicken breast – all of which will make a delicious accompaniment!
1) Preheat the oven to 180oC.
2) Chop the onions and beetroots into cubes and spread into a baking tray.
3) Top with small pieces of coconut oil.
4) Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
5) Make to chicken stock using stock cubes and water or heat the fresh stock.
6) Place the almonds in the hot stock to soften while the vegetables are cooking.
7) Once the vegetables are cooked place everything in the blender along with the Nutri Purples Veg Blend and blitz until smooth.
Macros (without topping)
Based on 6 servings
Calories – 112
Carbs – 9g
Fat – 8g
Protein – 3g
Sugar – 5g