In need of a quick on-the-go breakfast that you can prep in advance? From The Body Coach’s Veggie 90-Day Plan, these delicious little muffins are perfect to help you power through until lunch time. The spicy cinnamon energises every bite, while the creamy banana and yoghurt makes for a soft and moist muffin.
If you’re a super-organised girl or guy on the go, then you can even freeze these beauties for breakfasts weeks in advance.
- 200g plain flour
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch salt
- 100g The Body Coach Proper Vegan Protein (Chocolate)
- 25g coconut oil, melted
- 280ml low fat soured cream
- 90g honey
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 4 medium bananas (400g peeled weight), roughly mashed
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC for fan-assisted and line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, desiccated coconut, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl and the make a well in the middle of the mix.
3. Blend the rest of the ingredients (except the bananas) until you hav a smooth mix.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and fold together to form a smooth batter.
5. Gently mix in the pieces of chopped banana before pouring the batter into the muffin cases.
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown and springy to the touch.
7. Leave to cool and then enjoy.
- If you’re freezing the muffins for another day, then remove the papaer cases and wrap individually in cling film.
- The older the banana, the better the muffin as they get sweeter with age — yum!
Discover more from The Body Coach here.
The Body Coach Prep-Ahead Banana Breakfast Muffins
Amount per serving
|Calories||314kcal||72 Calories from Fat|
|% Daily Value *|