We’ll never be over the wonder that is baked oats.
As soon as we discovered a healthy breakfast that basically tastes like warm, gooey cake, we knew we’d found a forever love. Especially when there are just so many different ways to have them and extras to throw into the mix.
Follow this incredibly simple recipe from Niall Kirkland for a delicious blueberry pie flavoured breakfast that’s packed with protein. You only need a handful of stock cupboard ingredients and you’ll be good to go until lunch.
For the blueberry sauce:
- 400g blueberries
- 150ml water
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
For the oats:
- 200g oats
- 2 scoops Impact Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 300ml milk
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- Blueberries & pecans to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 360°F.
- Heat a non-stick pan or saucepan on a medium heat and add the blueberries and water.
- Cook your blueberries for 10 minutes, stirring regularly until they begin to break down. Mash the blueberries, add the maple syrup and continue to cook until sauce thickens.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, whey protein, salt and baking powder. Then add the milk and maple syrup and mix until fully combined.
- Add your blueberry sauce to 4 small oven-proof ramekins or baking dishes, then top with the oat mixture. Decorate with blueberries and pecans, then bake for 12 minutes. Dig in!