Yep, cheesecake for breakfast just became a thing.
Your weekend brunch just got levelled up — these irresistible cheesecake-filled croissants are so good that just the thought of them will have you springing out of bed, we’re sure of it. Plus, they pack in an impressive 16g of protein per serving, making them a delicious training treat.
We’re talking layers of flaky pastry combined with a rich, creamy filling and tart fresh raspberries. Unbeatable combination.
- 100g light cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop Impact Whey Protein (Vanilla & Raspberry)
- 2 tbsp. Sugar-Free Syrup (Raspberry)
- 50g raspberries (mashed)
- 3 croissants
- Fresh raspberries to serve
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2) First, make the cheesecake filling by mixing together the cream cheese, egg, protein powder, Sugar-Free Syrup, and mashed raspberries until smooth. Set aside.
3) Prepare your croissants by carefully slicing off the tops. Use your fingers to gently squish down the insides of the croissant to make them more hollow for the filling to sit inside — almost as if they are little boats. You can do the same to the croissant tops if they’re big enough, or just enjoy these now!
4) Next, place the croissant boats on a baking tray and then carefully pour or spoon the cheesecake filling into each one. Add a few extra teaspoons of mashed raspberries and then bake for 15-20 minutes until set.
5) Serve immediately with a handful of fresh raspberries and extra Sugar-Free Syrup if you fancy! These are so good, we guarantee you’ll be coming back for seconds.