Whether you’re leaving the house or not, breakfast can sometimes be easily overlooked.
Not everyone has the luxury of sitting down for a freshly cooked plate of eggs or bowl of baked oats every morning, we totally get that. Some days it’s hard to even get a cup of coffee in between the calls, meetings, and emails — especially if you still have a commute to factor in as well.
That’s why these delicious grab-n-go breakfast bars from Niall Kirkland are a game-changer. Simply make up a batch on Sunday night (or whenever you have a spare hour in the week) and you’ll be set with 16 fruity raspberry and oat treats to keep you fuelled the whole week through.
Made with natural ingredients, they provide a healthy dose of carbs so that you have the energy to start your day right and face that to-do list. They’re also great to have around for a midday pick-me-up or pre-workout boost. Sorted.
Makes 16 bars
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 125ml milk
- Preheat oven to 175°C/ 350°F.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix together until fully combined.
- In another bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients until fully combined, then add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Transfer to a lined 8×8” baking tray and flatten using a spatula.
- Decorate the top with chopped almonds, chia seeds, and raspberries, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Once baked, remove and leave to cool before slicing into 16 bars.