This is the perfect no-fuss creamy vegan pasta with a super quick time-to-table.
Ultra creamy, packed with smoky, tangy, charred roasted red pepper flavour!
Ingredients For Creamy Vegan Pasta
- 1 large red pepper
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 100g pasta of choice (wholewheat pasta and spelt pasta are good choices, or try High Protein Pasta for non-vegan pasta) (cooked)
- 150g Cashew Nuts
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
- Almond milk
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C. Place coconut oil onto a baking tray and pop it into the oven to melt for 2-3 minutes.
2. Slice the pepper into pieces and add it to the baking tray along with the tomatoes and crushed garlic. Toss everything together so everything is evenly coated in the oil.
3. Season with sea salt and black pepper, then bake for around 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
4. Next, pop all of the ingredients into the blender along with the cashew nuts and a good splash of almond milk to help everything blend.
5. Blitz until smooth and creamy and add more milk if needed.
6. Add the sauce to a pan on a low to medium heat and stir cooked pasta through until everything is piping hot.
7. Add in cooked chicken or ham for extra protein if you like, then serve and enjoy.