Brunch just got a summer upgrade.
In the mood to treat yourself to something a bit extra at the weekend? This incredible breakfast bruschetta recipe is definitely one to dish up.
Bruschetta is a classic Italian dish that’s simple, delicious, and bursting with fresh flavours. We’ve added a twist to this warm weather favourite by throwing in some sizzling pancetta pieces to the traditional tomato topping and serving with two perfectly poached eggs for an extra protein hit.
- Olive oil
- 40g pancetta
- 6 cherry tomatoes (diced)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ red onion (diced)
- 1 handful coriander (chopped)
- Vine cherry tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- Sourdough toast
- Begin by frying your pancetta over a medium heat until cooked through and crispy. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, red onion, and coriander to the bowl and season with salt & pepper. Stir well to combine everything and set aside.
- Next, add the vine cherry tomatoes to a pan with a little oil and gently fry for a few minutes until softened. While the tomatoes are cooking, toast a couple of slices of sourdough bread.
- Meanwhile, place a pan of boiling water over a medium heat and crack your eggs into a small dish. Then carefully pour egg each one at a time into the pan of water and leave to poach for 2-3 minutes.
- Build up your breakfast bruschetta by spooning the pancetta & tomato mix on top of your sourdough toast, followed by the poached eggs, and vine tomatoes on the side. Garnish with a little coriander and a crack of black pepper – then dig in!