Homemade Protein Bars | Cookie Dough Protein Bars
Trying to maintain a healthy diet and training routine? We’ve created a huge collection of high-protein recipes to support your journey!
If you love all things cookie dough, give these quick, easy and tasty homemade protein bars a try. This recipe is super easy – foolproof for even the novice home cook. The key ingredients are oats (they bind your bars together), protein powder (this makes your bars high in protein), nut butter and coconut oil (these help to set the bars).
Makes: 8-10 bars
- 50g Rolled Oats (blended to a flour) or Instant Oats
- 3 scoops Cookies & Cream Impact Whey Protein
- 30g puffed rice cereal or Protein Crispies (higher protein content)
- 3 tbsp. Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. natural or Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil (melted)
- 75g dark chocolate chips
1. If you’re using rolled oats, firstly use a blender or food processer to blend the oats into a powder. You can skip this step if you’re using Instant Oats.
2. Next, combine the oat flour/Instant Oats, puffed rice cereal and Impact Whey in a bowl.
3. Add the honey, melted coconut oil, vanilla essence, nut butter, yoghurt and chocolate chips. Mash the ingredients together using a fork until completely combined.
4. Pour the mixture into a clingfilm-lined baking tin, and press down into the tin using the back of a spoon.
5. Place the tin into the freezer for 10-15 minutes to set.
6. Once set, remove from the freezer and cut up into bars using a sharp knife.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.