Whip up a batch of these vegan flapjacks for a healthy sweet treat.
These vegan flapjacks are high in protein and healthy carbs – perfect for straight after a workout or when you need a guilt-free sweet treat
Add Maca Powder to your vegan flapjacks to boost the vitamin and mineral content. Maca powder is made from the maca plant – a small South American root vegetable that’s brimming with iron, riboflavin, and vitamins C and B6. Click to check out our collection of maca powder recipes.
Click to jump straight to the nutritionals.
- 2 scoops Vegan Protein Powder (use flavoured for the best taste, or add a little maple syrup/honey)
- 1 tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 40g soft pitted dates
- 50g cashew nuts or almonds
- 2 tbsp. Maca Powder (optional – adds a lovely caramel flavour and a host of vitamins and minerals)
- 15g Coconut Oil (melted)
- 400g Rolled Oats
- 200ml dairy-free milk (of choice)
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Add the rolled oats, peanut butter, dates, nuts, maca powder, almond milk and vegan protein powder into a blender and process until smooth. You should get a dough-like consistency. Add a little more milk if the mixture is too dry, as some vegan protein powders are more absorbant than others.
2. Spoon the mixture into a clingfilm-lined baking tray and press down evenly.
3. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn the oven temperature up to 180°C during the last few minutes in order to make the flapjacks crispy.
4. Once baked, remove form the oven and allow to cool in the tray completely. Once completely cool, slice into 12 pieces.