Banana bread is for life, not just for lockdown.
Lockdown might be over (thank god) but our love for banana bread lives on. Especially when it’s as indulgent and chocolatey as this super-simple recipe from Niall Kirkland.
By using our Protein Spread, you’ll get an extra boost of whey with 87% less sugar than the supermarket alternatives, too. Now that’s what we call a treat without the cheat. It’s available in three delicious flavours — rich milk chocolate, classic chocolate hazelnut, and white chocolate — and we reckon all of them will work a treat in this banana loaf.
Makes 12 slices
- 225g wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 40g coconut oil (melted)
- 150g honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. Protein Spread (melted to make runny)
- Preheat oven to 175°C/ 350°F and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- First, mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (except for the Protein Spread) until fully combined. Then transfer these wet ingredients to the dry — stirring thoroughly until you have a smooth batter.
- Transfer half of the mixture to your lined loaf tin, then add your melted Protein Spread on top in a line across the tin, before covering with the remaining banana bread mixture.
- Swirl the Protein Spread around the surface to create a swirl effect on top of your loaf and then bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice up and serve!