By Anna Sward of ProteinPow.Com
Delicious dairy-free protein bars to satisfy those any-time hunger pangs – especially great for a sweet tooth!
(Makes 5 small bars)
– ¼ cup Myprotein hemp protein powder
– ¼ cup Myprotein Flaxseed powder
– 1/8 cup rolled oats (gluten-free or regular)
– 1/8 cup agave syrup or honey
– 1/8 cup cocoa powder
– ¼ cup almond milk
– 1 tsp Myprotein toffee flavdrops
– 3 squares (30g) dark chocolate
1) In a bowl, mix all the above ingredients except for the dark chocolate until you get a dough that you can shape with your hands into rectangles. If it’s too wet or sticky, add a bit more cocoa powder.
2) Melt your dark chocolate in a bain marie and, once melted, dunk your bars into the dark chocolate.
3) Put the chocolate-coated bars on either a silicone tray or a tray lined with tin foil or parchment paper.
4) Decorate your protein bars with some chopped nuts or grated coconut. This is optional but adds a nice additional texture and flavor to the bars.
5) Leave the bars in the fridge for a few hours or overnight so that the chocolate sets and that’s it! Protein bars ready.
Per bar (out of four):
16g Carbs (out of which a whopping 6g is fiber!)