You’ll never do Pancake Day the same, trust us.
Every now and again a real game-changing recipe comes along to mix up your routine — and this is definitely one of them. These amazing protein pancake dippers from Niall Kirkland are seriously tasty and then some.
Why make another run-of-the-mill stack when you can create these magical pancake dippers with a streaky bacon centre and then use them as edible cutlery to scoop up as much of our Sugar-Free Syrup as possible? It’s a no brainer.
Makes 5 dippers
For the pancake mix:
- 100g oats
- 40g plain flour
- 1 scoop Impact Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 100ml milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 banana
For the dippers:
- 5 rashers streaky bacon
- Coconut oil for frying
- Sugar-Free Syrup (Maple)
- Icing sugar to dust (optional)
- First, add all the pancake ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick pan and add the bacon rashers. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until crispy, remove from pan and dab with kitchen roll to soak up excess oil.
- Clean the pan and add another small amount of coconut oil. Add one piece of bacon back to pan and then spoon the pancake mixture around and on top of the bacon until it’s completely covered in a strip. Cook for 2 minutes before flipping and then cook for another 2 minutes on that side.
- Repeat this process until all bacon and pancake mixture is used. Dust with a little icing sugar and then dip into a whole load of Sugar-Free Syrup. Mind blown.