Our pecan-coated energy balls are an ideal pre or post workout snack, containing slow-energy releasing oats with ground nuts for a fulfilling on-the-go treat. and can be made in bulk.
An ideal snack when your after that sweet treat fix with the guilt of eating unhealthy sugars – try making in bulk and pop in the fridge!
1) First pour boiling water over the sultanas, just covering them – and leave to one side to soak.
2) Mash the bananas and coconut oil and heat in the micro wave for 1-2 minutes.
3) Add both of the oats to the hot banana mix with the cinnamon chopped pecans.
4) Mix the xanthan gum and sweetener to the sultanas and remaining hot water and mix until gloopy.
5) Combine both ingredient bowls together and stir until thick enough to spoon a lump together.
6) Using a table spoon scoop some on the mix and with slightly wet hands roll into a ball.
7) On a plate lay the ground pecans, sprinkle of cinnamon and sweetener.
8) Roll the ball lightly in the mixture on the plate and lay on a baking paper lined tray.
9) Once all the mixture has gone do not cover the tray and place in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours (or 1 if you’re keen and don’t mind them gloopy-ish!)
10) Once set, store in an air tight container for 3 days in the fridge or for 3 months in the freezer!
(Based on 14 servings)
Amount per serving