Our healthy version of a sugar-laden Carrot Cake is deliciously spongy, light and full of flavour!
The zesty orange provides a tasty edge, really hitting the spot when needed, but contains low sugar and added protein!
– 1 large Grated Carrot
– 1 medium sized Orange
– 3 scoops Milk Protein Smooth – Vanilla flavour
– 90g Coconpure coconut oil
– 3 eggs
– 125g selfraising flour
– 1tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp all spice
– 15g granulated stevia
Carrot Cake Frosting:
– 200g quark
– Juice from 1 orange,
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 2 tbs icing sugar pour over then sprinkle with ground linseed
1) Mix all dry ingredients together
2) On the top of the dry ingredients grate the carrot and orange zest.
3) Melt the coconut oil and once cooled add the eggs and beat together.
4) Mix everything together until smooth if the mixture is thick add water until is makes a paste like consistency.
5) Rub the coconut all over the inside of your tin then pour in the mixture and bake on 180oC for 20 to 25 minutes.
1) Mix all the ingredients together until a thick spreadable paste has formed.
2) Once the cake has cooled, spread the frosting and serve!
(Based on 15 servings)
Calories – 134
Fat – 7g
Carbs – 10g
Protein – 7g
Sugar – 3g