Our home-made ginger bread recipe will instantly make you feel like Christmas is here.
Try our healthier version of the normally-sugary treat – with a delicious crunch!
– 50g Coconpure Coconut Oil
– 100g Plain Flour
– 2Tsp Ground Ginger
– 1 Tsp Bicarbonate of soda
– 1 Tbs Honey
– 1 Tbs Chia Seeds
– 1 egg
– 10g stevia
1) Preheat the oven at 180oC.
2) Melt the coconut oil then once cooled mix together with egg, stevia and honey.
3) Mix all the dry ingredients together, flour, whey, ground ginger and bicarb.
4) Combine the two bowls and roll into a dough ball.
Note: If the mixture is too dry add a few table spoons of water.
5) Place the dough on a floured surface, roll to ½ cm thick then cut out with a shaped cutter.
6) Put the bread shapes onto a greased baking tray lightly brush with egg wash and sprinkle with chia seeds.
7) Cook for 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown.
8) Once cooled they can be stored in an air tight container for 2 days!
(Based on 10 servings)
Calories – 100
Carbs – 8g
Fat – 6g
Protein – 4g
Sugar – 2g