Myprotein Masterclass is the series dedicated to helping you master your movements in the gym, using expert advice from the pros.
In this episode, personal trainers Calvin Crooks and Chris Broomhead are here to help you build your shoulders with just five exercises. Check out the video – Calvin explains the form and Chris performs the exercises so that you can’t go wrong.
- You’ll need two dumbbells and a bench
- Sit on the bench with your dumbbells by your feet
- Place the dumbbells on your knees
- Use your knees to kick the dumbbells up above your shoulders
- Place your elbows at 90 degrees and raise the dumbbells overhead
- Perform a shoulder press
- Instead of beginning another rep, bring the weights into your chest, bringing your elbows towards each other
- Remain seated for this exercise to target your shoulders
- Keeping your arms straight, raise the dumbbells horizontally out to your sides
- Raise them until they are just below chin level and then slowly move your arms back down to your sides
- For this exercise you’ll need to stand, to access full range of movement
- Raise the dumbbells in front of you, going no higher than nose height
Rear Delt Flys
- Rest your chest over the edge of an incline bench
- Move your arms out to your sides
- Keep your arms in a negative hold (thumbs down) to perform the movement properly and avoid injury
Take Home Message
Now you’ve heard from the pros it’s your turn to add these moves to your next upper-body workout. Thank us later… but don’t blame us for the DOMS.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel so you don’t miss an episode of the Masterclass.