Get into the festive spirit this weekend with these Christmas cookies.
We’ve said it once and we’ll say it again, the best part about Christmas is the food. Made with a handful of completely natural ingredients, these festive cookies are the perfect bite-sized treats to satisfy your sweet-tooth.
With rich cacao and a hint of spicy cinnamon, Niall Kirkland’s simple recipe is an easy win for delicious snacks to enjoy immediately or even gift to your family and friends.
- 60g Organic Cacao Powder
- 80g coconut sugar
- 100g maple syrup
- 60g coconut oil (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 180g plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. mixed spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 25g icing sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F.
- In a bowl, mix together the cacao powder, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and coconut oil until fully combined.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl one at a time and stir into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the plain flour, baking powder, mixed spice, cinnamon, and orange zest.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Spoon out a heaped teaspoon of the cookie dough, roll into a ball between your hands, dip and coat in the icing sugar and then transfer to a lined baking tray. Repeat until you have 15 cookies rolled, coated and on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool so they firm up — then enjoy!