Want perfect plant-based protein pancakes every single time? Look no further than this delicious breakfast recipe from @niallkirkland, smothered in creamy (vegan) chocolate. It’s never been easier to make a good batch of pancakes than with our Vegan Pancake Mix.
Simply mix with water and fry up for a high-protein breakfast that’ll give you the boost you need to make it to lunch time. Did you know that a lot of dark chocolate is already vegan? Check out the ingredients on the back of the pack and smother your pancakes to your heart’s content…
If you’re worried that pancakes will send you on a calorie guilt trip, you can chow down in peace, as each serving contains less than 190 calories, 20g of protein from all-natural ingredients, and virtually no sugar.
Makes: 3 pancake rolls
- 1 serving Chocolate Vegan Pancake Mix
- 20g vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
1. Whisk together the pancake mix with 150ml of cold water in a larger mixing bowl.
2. Heat a third of the coconut oil – you’re using a little for each of the three pancakes – in a small frying pan and pour in a third of the pancake batter.
3. Cook your pancake for a couple of minutes, before flipping to cook the other side.
4. Repeat the process for the rest of the batter to make three pancakes.
5. Set the pancakes aside and melt the dark chocolate in the microwave, being careful not to burn.
6. Spread the dark chocolate over the pancakes, roll up, and enjoy!