Peanut butter brownie bombs will become your favourite protein ball recipe.
Looking for a new protein ball recipe? You haven’t lived until you’ve tried peanut butter brownie bombs, with a huge 9g protein per ball.
Click to jump straight to the macros.
Don’t forget to check out more delicious fitness recipes.
- 120g Peanut Butter
- 2-3 scoops protein powder of choice (we tried Salted Caramel)
- 70g Cacao Powder
- 70g Coconut Oil
- Your choice of sweetener: Try Coconut Sugar or Xylitol (add as much or little as you like)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C or 170°C for fan-assisted.
2. Combine brownie mix with the melted coconut oil, Greek yogurt, egg and milk.
3. Whisk the batter until smooth.
4. Line a medium depth baking tin or tray with grease proof paper and a little coconut oil.
5. Add the tray to the middle of the oven for 16-18 minutes, remove, and allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then cool fully on a wire rack.
6. While waiting, combine peanut butter and protein powder in a bowl and mix well, then freeze for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the peanut butter mixture from the freezer and spoon out small balls around 1” thick. Use your hands to toll each spoonful into balls, then place each onto a tray and freeze for a further 15 minutes.
8. Once the slab of brownies has cooled, use a rolling pin to roll it our as flat as possible. Cut the flattened slab into squares approx. 3” x 3” per square.
9. Remove the peanut butter balls from the freezer and cover each with the flattened brownie squares, rolling each into a ball shape.
10. For the coating, combine the melted coconut oil, cacao powder and sweetener until smooth and creamy. Roll each brownie ball in the chocolate mixture with a fork and then pop them onto a tray and in the fridge to set for 30 minutes. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Enjoy this recipe? Check out more delicious fitness recipes.