Niall Kirkland’s super-quick and easy rice krispie cake hits all the spots for the ultimate tasty, filling post-workout snack. With lashings of his dreamy salted caramel sauce made with almond butter topped with Chocolate Protein Balls (and even more sauce), you’d never know this dessert was actually good for you.
If you’re not familiar with Niall already, he’s making waves on Instagram with his super-healthy recipes that look just like your favourite junk food. With his meal-prep hacks, delicious high-protein desserts and junk-food classics (like his healthy KFC-style chicken), this guy knows his way around the kitchen. Take a look for yourself if you don’t believe us… @niallkirkland
For the salted caramel sauce:
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp. Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Pinch sea salt
- 25g Chocolate Protein Balls (approx 10)
For the cake:
1. First, place the almond butter and honey in a large mixing bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
2. Next, add the whey protein and mix together well.
3. Now add the puffed rice cereal and mix together using your hands. Try not to crush it too much.
4. Transfer the mixture to an 8″ round cake tin and press down firmly.
5. Transfer and store the cake in fridge whilst you make the caramel sauce.
For the caramel sauce:
6. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and place a heat-proof dish over the top.
7. Place the coconut oil, almond butter, honey and sea salt and stir constantly.
8. Once all of the ingredients are well mixed, remove your cake from the fridge and spread the caramel sauce evenly over the cake. Sprinkle broken Maltesers across the cake.
9. Allow to chill for 1 hour or more, then slice and enjoy.