During the winter, we often find ourselves craving something sweet and warm, usually ending up in overindulgence.
This banana bread with a twist is high protein and low sugar, making it the perfect comfort food for when those cravings kick in!
– 4 scoops Myprotein Impact Whey Isolate – Chocolate brownie flavour
– Myprotein Flavdrops (toffee flavour)
– 200ml milk of choice (or water to reduce macros slightly)
– 2 Medium bananas, mashed
– 2 Tsp baking powder
– 2 Eggs
– Optional extras: almonds, cacao nibs, anything else you fancy adding!
1) Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
2) Combine the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl (the eggs, mashed bananas and 8-10 flavdrops.)
3) Combine the dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together in a folding motion.
5) Add the milk/water until you get the desired consistency (like a thick cake batter.)
6) Add in whichever optional ingredients you want.
7) Transfer the mix to a loaf tin and add any toppings (here’s where my almonds came in.)
8) Bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden and when you poke a skewer in it comes out clean.
9) Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool down.
Serve with a cup of tea/coffee – 4pm slump done!
Per serving: Serves 10 thin slices:
Adjust this to preference and re-calculate macros.