So, it’s got to that time of evening where all you’re after is something sweet and chocolatey. You’re scanning the cupboards for something to satisfy your cravings, but nothing’s floating your boat.
Don’t worry, with this deliciously simple mug cake recipe, you can whip up something irresistible in no time at all.
It’s the perfect combination of rich, chocolate sponge and warm, oozing peanut butter. Plus, each one packs in 23g of protein, making this a great post-workout treat to help you hit your daily targets in a super-tasty way.
Warning: once you’ve had a spoonful, you’ll be hooked.
- ½ tbsp. Impact Whey Protein (Chocolate)
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. milk
- ½ tbsp. 100% Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
1) First, add all of the dry ingredients to a mug and mix so that they’re all combined.
2) Then add the milk, melted coconut oil and egg to the mug and stir thoroughly to make a smooth mixture.
3) Carefully place a generous dollop of peanut butter into the centre of the mug.
4) Microwave for 1 minute — it’s really as simple as that! Or, if you’re feeling a bit more indulgent, top with a squirt of whipped cream and a sliced strawberry.