Our favourite vegan blogger is back, and she’s making her ultimate vegan protein pancakes recipe.
Last month, we had our favourite vegan blogger, Naturally Stefanie (AKA Stefanie Moir), here with us making her Insta-famous Vegan Maca Protein Pancakes. And now she’s back, making her best vegan protein pancakes yet!
Ultra-friendly Stef is a major hit on YouTube with more than 140,000 subscribers, describing herself as a “Scottish vegan who likes to lift heavy things in the gym”. She uses her blog and YouTube to share her delicious tried-and-tested vegan recipes and her tough workouts that help sculpt her toned physique.
Check out the recipe and macros below, and don’t forget to check out more tasty vegan recipes.
Makes: 6 small pancakes
- 2 tbsp. Organic Chia Seeds + 6 tbsp. water (this makes 2 chia eggs)
- 100g Instant Oats
- 35g Vegan Blend
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. cacao powder
- 200ml non-dairy milk
- 6-8 drops Chocolate Flavdrops
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil for frying
1. First, make the chia egg by mixing the chia seeds and water in a cup and allowing to stand for 10 minutes (the chia seeds soak up the moisture of the water and become jelly-like, similar to the texture of an egg).
2. Next, add remaining pancake ingredients to a blender and process until smooth. Add the chia egg and pulse to combine.
3. Add coconut oil to a pan over medium heat. Pour out the batter (around 2-3 tbsp. at a time). Fry until the edges begin to turn golden, then carefully flip and fry for a further minute or so on the other side. Repeat for remaining batter.
Enjoy this recipe? Check out more healthy vegan recipes.