These teff flour pancakes will change your mornings forever.
Teff flour is a protein-packed African superfood that’s been a staple of Ethiopian cooking for thousands of years, providing a source of plant-based protein, and great for using in pancakes and other sweet treats.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 medium sized ripe banana
- 1 egg white
- 40g Teff Flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 40ml milk of choice
- Dash cinnamon
- Coconut Oil for cooking
1. In a blender, combine the banana, flour, almond milk, eggs, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
2. Blitz this until you’re left with a smooth pancake batter.
3. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Once the pan is nice and hot, pour some of the batter into a small circular shape and allow to cook.
4. Repeat this process for as many pancakes as you can fit into your pan.
5. When the surface of the pancake has begun to bubble, carefully flip and cook on the other side.
6. Once the pancakes are all completely cooked, serve with some fresh fruit and a drizzle of honey.
Enjoy this protein pancake recipe? Check out more delicious health and fitness recipes.