Gareth Sapstead | UK Personal Trainer
These Protein Peanut Butter Cups are just the treat when you’re craving something both sweet and salty!
They take inspiration from the traditional American Peanut Butter Cups, but unlike the real version these little chocolatey-peanut-buttery mouth-watering treats contain no added sugar and powered with Impact Whey Protein. These also work great during a mass gaining phase as a way to get in some healthy calories without the unwanted gain in body fat.
These are best stored in the fridge to maintain their melt-in-mouth texture, but work great as a low carb snack. Due to their healthy fat content they could also be used before bed alongside your night-time protein shake, as the fats will help slow down the digestion of night-time proteins, allowing your muscle to be ‘drip-fed’ by amino acids for even longer whilst you sleep.
Prep time for these is only about 5 minutes, and they’re super easy to make, so no excuses for poor snacking throughout the day due to the lack of time to prepare!
– 1 Scoop (25g) Myprotein Impact Whey, Vanilla or Salted Caramel
– 6 TBS Myprotein Coconpure Coconut Oil
– 5 Heaped TBS Myprotein Crunchy Peanut Butter
– 3 TBS Coco Powder
– 1 TBS Myprotein Sucralose
1) Place the crunchy peanut butter in a bowl and combine with the whey protein powder. The mix may seem a little dry at first but eventually this should produce a sticky and moldable
2) Using your hands mold 8 equal balls out of the mix, and then squash in to the bottom of some muffin cases or reusable rubber muffin molds. Be sure to leave a little space around the outside of the peanut mix.
3) Refrigerate the muffin cases whilst completing the next few steps.
4) In a small saucepan place the coconut oil and heat slowly until melted, this won’t take much, so be sure it doesn’t start to cook.
5) Take the coconut oil off the heat and place in to the saucepan the coco powder and sucralose.
6) Mix all together until a shiny chocolatey treacle-like mixture is formed.
7) Take the muffin cases with the peanut mix in out of the fridge.
8) Using a spoon carefully place the chocolatey mixture in the muffin cases, over the peanut butter. There should be enough to slightly over the peanut butter evenly in all 8 muffin cases.
9) Place in the refrigerator carefully and leave for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.
Keep the Peanut Butter Cups stored in the refrigerator until you’re going to eat them.
They also store for a long time in a bag in the freezer, so great for when you think there’s nothing in the house left to snack on that’s healthy, and you find these in the back of your freezer!
(per serving, makes 8)
Calories – 229
Protein – 7.7g
Fat – 20g (a ton of healthy fats!)
Carbs – 2.5g
Sugar – 1g