A chocolate yule log is an essential addition to your table during Christmas.
This incredibly simple recipe from our favourite baker, Florencia (healthy_floflo), is ideal for a homemade dessert that packs in a little protein kick as well as being utterly delicious. You can forget the internal debate over whether or not to have seconds and just dig in!
- 3 eggs (separated into yolks and whites)
- 80g light muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 60g self-raising flour
- 15g cocoa powder
- 200ml cream
- 2 scoops Impact Whey Protein (vanilla)
- First, preheat the oven to 170°C.
- In a small bowl mix the yolks, sugar, and water until smooth. Then sift in the flour and cacao powder, whisking until the mix leave a trail.
- In another bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. Then add the egg whites into the cacao mixture in three separate parts, folding in really gently.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray and cook for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Remove the sponge from the oven and let cool down completely. In the meantime, beat the double cream and protein powder together until you get a smooth, thick mixture that sticks to the whisk.
- Spread the cream evenly on top of the sponge and roll carefully. Sprinkle with a little more cocoa powder to decorate and then serve!