Hybrid athlete, long distance runner and gym enthusiast, Lucy Davis is the one to listen to for gym advice. In a recent Instagram post, she shared her most underrated glute exercises. Here’s what it is and how to do it.
What exercise is it?
Lucy's killer glute exercise is the 45-degree angle hyperextension.
She points out that it’s not a back extension, as that targets your lower back. You want to isolate the glutes, so form is everything.
Lucy says there are a few things to remember:
- Keep your feet at a 45-degree angle turned outwards.
- Use a small range of motion to target the right muscle group.
So, how do you do it?
Lucy explains in five simple steps:
- Use the back extension machine and adjust your feet at the right angle.
- Then flop your upper body over the top of the machine.
- Keep a flexed upper back and use a small range of motion.
- Push your hips into the pad, creating a slight curve in your upper back.
- Thrust into the pad.
Take Home Message
What Lucy says, goes. She knows her stuff. Try out the 45-degree angle hyperextension next time you hit the gym. But be warned — you’ll feel it in your glutes.
Want more Lucy?
READ THESE NEXT: