Our moist apple cake is ridiculously moreish – it’s an ideal afternoon snack or post-workout pick me up.
This will store in the fridge in an airtight container for 4-5 days!
6 Dried Organic Figs or 40g Dried Raisins
3 Tbsp Raw Coconut Nectar or Honey
2 Tbs Organic Chia Seeds
30g Omega Seed Mix
75g Rolled Oats
150g Fresh Pears
1 Fruit tea Bag
1) Preheat the oven to 150oC.
2) Place the dried fruit in a bowl with the fruit tea bag and cover in boiling water; leave to one side to soak or leave over night for tea to infuse.
3) Cut the apples and pears into thin slices.
4) To a food processor add the dried fruit, oats, marmalade, chia seeds, linseed mix and honey and pulse until thoroughly combined.
5) Place a layer of apples and pears into the base of a baking dish and add a drizzle of almond butter then continue layering until all fruit and almond butter has gone.
6) Take the fruit and oat mixture and press on the top of the layered fruit and press down.
7) Place on a tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden.
8) Allow to cool then turn out the cake, fruit side up!
Based on 10 servings
Calories – 155
Carbs – 23g
Fat – 6g
Protein – 4g
Sugar – 11g