Looking for Halloween recipe ideas? Our spooktacular red velvet protein eyeballs make the perfect high-protein recipe for Halloween – great for when you still gotta make those gains over the holiday period.
To make the perfect protein ball, you’ll need your favourite whey protein (we used our ultra-premium protein – Thewhey), rolled oats, nut butter and milk. To make your protein balls a delicious red velvet flavour and colour, simply add cacao powder and natural red food colouring.
For more halloween recipe ideas, don’t forget to check out our Halloween Pumpkin Spiced Latte Protein Bars.
- 2 scoops Chocolate Thewhey
- 125g Rolled Oats
- 125g Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp. Cacao Powder
- Natural red food colouring
- 8 tbsp. milk
- 75g fondant icing
- Blue candy melts
- Edible marker pens
1. Add rolled oats, whey, nut butter, cacao powder, red food colouring and milk to a blender. Process until a rollable dough forms. Add more whey/milk to get the right consistency. Roll into small balls and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
2. Once refrigerated, roll out fondant icing and cut into squares, large enough to cover your protein balls. Cover each ball with icing, then stab each ball with a fork.
3. Stick a blue white chocolate button to the flat side of the balls using a little melted candy melt. Using a black edible marker, draw a pupil onto the blue candy melt. Use a red edible marker to draw blood vessels around the outside of the eyeball.
4. Dribble a little red food colouring where the fork meets the protein eyeballs. Stab the ends of the fork into a little polystyrene to stand them up for the perfect spooky Halloween snack.
Enjoy this recipe? Check out more delicious fitness recipes!
For more halloween recipe ideas, don’t forget to check out our Halloween Pumpkin Spiced Latte Protein Bars!