Sick of the sugar content that comes with shop-bought granola?
If you crave the crunch, but can’t hack the sugar dump that often comes with granola, we’ve got you covered.
This delicious high-protein recipe from @healthy_floflo is a sweet & simple way to control exactly what goes into your mix and can be personalised with any extras you fancy – raisins, dried fruit, chocolate chips, you name it.
She’s swapped the refined sugar for natural maple syrup and added plenty of irresistible nuggets of our brand new Crispy Layered Bar just to take things to the next level. Haven’t heard about these yet? We’re confident they’ll soon be in your top 3 protein snacks ever. Yeah, we really do back ourselves that much.
Coming in either Chocolate Caramel or White Chocolate Peanut, these indulgent bars have layer upon layer of incredible taste & texture, and pack in 16g of protein at just 200 calories per serving. We highly recommend getting a box (or two) to have on hand at all times for any type of snacking emergency.
- 40g coconut oil (melted)
- 80g maple syrup
- 180g oats
- 100g mixed nuts
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Crispy Layered Bar
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix together the melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add the oats, mixed nuts, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine and then pour in the oil & maple syrup mix and stir that through.
- Now add the egg whites to the mix (this is the key ingredient to make your granola clump together). Spread over a baking tray and then cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the Crispy Layered Bar into small cubes. Once the granola is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before sprinkling the Crispy Layered Bar bits over the top.
- Use your hands to crumble and mix up the granola. Enjoy with milk, as a crunchy topping for yoghurt, or even just on its own as a satisfying snack!