Take your coffee break to new heights with these Protein Spread pastries.
In winter, it’s an unwritten rule that you need a few more treats to get through the darker days — and these chocolate twists are just the thing for transforming a bleak morning into something to celebrate.
They’re perfect as a post-workout reward that will definitely hit that sweet spot, or you could earn brownie points (and star baker status) by making up a batch at the weekend for your friends and family.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 150g Protein Spread (Chocolate Hazelnut)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°
- Firstly, prepare a clean work surface or chopping board with a light sprinkling of plain flour (this is to make sure that the pastry doesn’t stick).
- Then, roll out a sheet of puff pastry, smoothing it out lightly with your fingertips. Use a knife to cut it into quarters. Keep 1 quarter on the chopping board and set aside the other 3 for now.
- Get your Protein Spread and use a spatula to scoop out a generous amount from the jar. Spread it evenly across the pastry, making sure you cover from edge to edge.
- Next, carefully roll up the square of pastry, then use a sharp knife to cut lengthways down the roll so that you have two long pieces.
- Form a twist by wrapping each of the pieces around one another. Pinch the pastry together at top and bottom of the twist.
- Repeat for the other 3 pieces of pastry, then place all of the twists onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush each chocolate twist with egg wash (beaten egg).
- Bake for around 15 minutes, until the pastry has turned golden brown. Enjoy!
There's plenty more where that came from, check out these Protein Spread recipes next:
Nutritional info per serving: