Created by Timothy Mobbs
This recipe makes a really simple, delicious and filling dish that delivers a solid balance of nutrients.
Just 100g quinoa boasts an impressive 14g protein and contains all eight essential amino acids, making it a true superfood!
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 100g of quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 large onion
- 2 leeks
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Rocket, spinach or side greens of your choosing
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (gas mark 6) and chop the squash in half. Remove the seeds and pulp and then rub 1 tbsp coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt into the flesh.
2. Place both halves of the squash onto a baking tray and stick them in the oven. They should take at least twenty minutes to cook but you can leave them in for longer if you prefer.
3. Whilst the squash is roasting boil a kettle and rinse the quinoa. Pour boiling water over the quinoa in the saucepan and bring it to the boil. Cover the pan and reduce to a simmer. After covering it will take around fifteen minutes for your quinoa to be cooked through.
4. Finely dice your onion and leeks and fry them in the remaining coconut oil on a medium heat. Once your quinoa is ready, combine the fried onion and leeks with the quinoa and stir through.
5. Get your squash out of the oven, spoon your quinoa and veg into the middle of the squash and serve with rocket and spinach on the side.