Do you long for delicious nachos but worry about the fat and calories? Us too – we got you. Say hello to our high protein vegan recipe, loaded vegan nachos.
The key ingredient to make this recipe super high in protein is our versatile Protein Seasoning in Mexican Pibil Stew flavour. It’s high in protein and completely vegan-friendly with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. We mixed it up with dairy-free yoghurt to top baked nachos and the results were absolutely glorious!
This nacho dish is super high in protein and low in fat, without skimping on flavour.
Ingredients For Our High Protein Vegan Recipe
For the nachos:
- 2 wholemeal tortillas
- 1 sachet Mexican Pibil Protein Seasoning
- 100g dairy-free yoghurt
- ½ tin black beans
- Fresh guacamole
To make fresh guacamole:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- ½ red onion (finely chopped)
- Handful pickled jalapenos (chopped)
- 1 fresh lime, plus extra to garnish (juice)
- Handful of fresh coriander, plus extra to garnish (chopped)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the nachos:
1. Cut the tortillas into triangles and place on a tray under the grill for around 3 minutes or until they begin to brown. Turn the nachos and grill for another 3 minutes.
2. Next, add the black beans and return to the grill for 5 minutes.
3. Whilst you’re waiting, combine dairy-free yoghurt and Mexican Pibil Protein Seasoning in a bowl and stir well, then spoon blobs of the mixture over the nachos.
To make the fresh guacamole:
1. Cut the avocado length ways, then remove the stone and scoop the flesh out.
2. Mash the avocado with a fork and combine with the remaining guacamole ingredients.
3. Spoon over baked nachos with remaining coriander and lime juice.
Show me more high protein vegan recipes!