By Anna Sward of proteinpow.com
These energy balls are really easy to make and they’re absolutely delicious!
They taste like almond cookie dough with a subtle hint of coffee and they’re perfect to carry with you to work or school and have as a snack before you head to the gym.
I added some raisins to the dough for an extra shot of energy, but if you don’t like raisins, feel free to omit them – or substitute them for chocolate chips, flaked coconut, or chopped nuts! You can also coat the balls in melted dark chocolate and, in that way, turn them into more of a dessert!
Servings: 14 Energy Balls
– ½ cup of rolled oats
– ½ cup of vanilla, latte, or unflavoured whey protein
– ¼ cup of agave syrup (or honey)
– ¾ cup of ground almonds
– 2 tbsp freshly-brewed espresso
– 2 tbsp of raisins – or chocolate chips, or coconut flakes, or chopped nuts (optional)
1) In a big bowl, mix all ingredients together until you get a dough that you can shape with your hands into balls. If the mix is too sticky, add a bit more ground almonds.
2) Make 10-14 balls out of the dough, depending on what size you want them
3) Add 2 tbsp of raisins/chocolate chips/coconut flakes or chopped up nuts and mix everything around with a spoon or spatula! This is optional but a great way to add an additional texture to the energy balls!
Macros per ball
(out of 14, without optional raisins):
Calories – 83kcals
Protein – 4g
Carbs – 7g (out of which 1g is fiber)
Fat – 4g