Why should humans have all the fun? Zombies deserve a blood red brain cake too! Invite your undead friends over for a zombielicious halloween treat!
For The Cake:
✓ 350g Chocolate Chips
✓ 6 Eggs
✓ 300g Unsweetened Apple Sauce
✓ 100g Instant Oats
✓ 2 Scoops Of Impact Whey Protein (Chocolate)
✓ 2 Packets Of Yeast
✓ 15 Drops Of Flavdrops Vanilla
For The Topping:
✓ 2 Eggs
✓ 4tbsp Agave Nectar (Honey)
✓ 40g Potato Starch
✓ 250ml Milk
✓ 8 Drops Of Vanilla Flavdrops
✓ 6 Gelatine Sheets
For The Raspberry Coulis:
✓ Drops Of Red Food Colouring
1) Preheat oven to 180°C
2) Whisk the eggs with agave syrup, melt the chocolate and add your mix.
3) Add instant oats, the protein and the yeast sachets. Mix until smooth.
4) Pour into two silicone cake molds (deep enough) and bake for about 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven). The aim is to make two cakes that we assemble and sculpt to a brain shape.
5) Once the cakes baked, let them cool.
For The Topping
6) For the cream topping, boil the milk and oats in a saucepan and add the vanilla flavdrops.
7) In a bowl, beat eggs with potato starch, mix well and add the milk.
8) Keep stirring over a low heat until the cream thickens.
9) Add the gelatin (following the instructions mark behind the package), then refrigerate.
10) Take a cake and trim it so that it looks brain-like (slightly oval- bearing the greatest possible volume on top).
11) Using a small spoon make a whole the middle of the first cake leaving 1cm at the edges.
12) Fill the hollow with raspberry Mysyrup, and add a few drops of red food colouring.
13) On the edges of the cake spread Mysyrup to serve as “glue”. Place the second cake and finish carving
14) Take your pastry cream that should be very thick with gelatin, put in a piping bag and draw zigzags to train the brain vessels on the cake.
15) Finally brush the mixture lightly with your Mysyrup raspberry on top for the bloodied effect !!