By Ru Anderson | BSc (HONS)
Performance Nutritionist, Author, Speaker,
Competitive Athlete & Owner of Exceed Nutrition
Make your own delicious, nutritious bolognese sauce!
Prep: 10 min – Cook: 25 min
– 500g lean beef mince
– 1 onion, chopped
– 2 celery sticks, chopped
– 1 carrot, chopped
– 1 garlic clove, crushed
– 400g chopped tomatoes
– 200ml beef stock, hot
– 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
– 1 tsp Coconpure Coconut oil
– Pinch Stevia
– Salt & pepper
1) Heat ½ tsp coconut oil in a large pan and add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 5 min, until the onion is soft, and set aside.
2) In the same pan add the beef, and cook for 2-3 min until browned.
3) Add back the vegetables along with the garlic and herbs.
4) Pour in the chopped tomatoes and beef stock, bring to boil and simmer for a 10 minutes.
5) Season with Stevia and salt & pepper to taste.
6) Serve with spaghetti or zucchini noodles – make using a spiralizer!
Nutrition per serving: