Our Chicken and Vegetable Broth is a delicious and healthy side to accompany your meal or provide a vitamin-packed afternoon pick me up!
For vegetarians the Chicken stock can be left out and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil can be added instead.
This recipe can be made up of any old vegetables in the fridge and made in bulk for the week – sorted!
– 300ml Homemade or shop bought chicken stock
– 3 Medium Carrots
– 1 Medium Sized Onion
– 3 Handfuls of spinach
– 2 Garlic Cloves
– 20 Asparagus stems (the part you would normally bin)
– 1 Green Pepper
– Salt, Pepper and boiling water
– (Also any leftover veg that needs using up)
1) Chop all the Vegetables into similar size pieces put in a large pan with chicken stock, salt and pepper then fill to the top of the veg with boiling water
2) Cook on a medium heat for 30 minutes
3) Then take a potato masher and squash all the veg and add more salt and pepper
4) Pour through a sieve and pour into individual serving sizes
(Based on 5 servings)
Calories – 70
Carbs – 10g
Fat – 2g
Protein – 3g
Sugar – 2g