You need these cinnamon French toast sticks in your life.
Whether you’re making it yourself or ordering out, French toast is something you can just rely on to hit the sweet spot every single time. Kitchen queen and baking extraordinaire, Eloise Head (who you may know better as ‘Fitwaffle’), was kind enough to share her own take on this brunch favourite.
Her cinnamon French toast sticks don’t only taste absolutely delicious, but they’re really easy to make, too. Just the thing for a slow Sunday morning.
- 1-2 thick slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 60ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. butter
- 30g sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Sugar-Free Syrup (Maple)
1) First, slice your bread into slices that are around an inch thick. Take the crusts off and cut each piece into 3 equal batons.
2) Next, crack the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and salt, then whisk together.
3) Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the butter (or any alternative spread/cooking oil you prefer).
4) Then roll the bread batons in the egg mixture so that they’re fully coated and add them to the pan. Allow to cook for around 1-2 minutes on each side until they’re golden — use tongs to turn them over and check.
5) Meanwhile, make your cinnamon sugar by mixing the sugar and cinnamon powder together in a cup or small bowl. Make sure it’s all well combined, then pour onto a plate and spread the mixture out flat with the back of a spoon.
6) Once the French toast sticks are ready, turn off the heat and use the tongs to grab each one and roll them in the cinnamon sugar. Make sure that you turn them to fully coat the entire stick including the ends.
7) Stack your cinnamon French toast sticks on a plate, then top with plenty of berries and Sugar-Free Syrup. Enjoy!